Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Midterm: Superhero


In this picture I used two different custom tools for the blobs of paint and dodged and burned all of them. I also dodged and burned in some areas like the palette where it needed some extra highlights/shadows. I used the blur tool for the cape because that area was tricky. I used Transform tools such as Perspective, Skew, and Warp for the palette and the cape so it would look as though she were flying. I made the background grayscale and in the area where the paint touched the background I adjusted the color balance and used an artistic filter (I think it was paint daubs?). For the text I used the Warp Text tool to make it wavy and awesome like a superhero's name should be. I have twelve layers even though my screen shot has only ten. It was kind of tricky to get them all on one go, but the layers missing from the shot are the Building and the hidden document background that I colored blue just for contrast while I worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment